MIG Welder: Hobart-RC250
Revision as of 02:11, 24 December 2013 by Nate lapt
|Remember to always; clean up and return the equipment to a fully functional, safe state before you leave. This includes returning any safety mechanisms to fully working order.|
Hobart Mig Welder
- Ownership: i3 Detroit
- Location: Welding Area, against the wall.
- What it looks like:
- Make/Model: Hobart RC-250
- Part Number: 5719B-1
- Hobart MIG Welder Manual
Be Trained!! This machine takes some playing with to get the hang of.
- Turn on the Gas bottle at the wall rack. Remember that the seal system for inert gas only completely seals the stem at full closed and full open. Turn the knob in the desired direction until it stops. When the "Purge" switch is pressed, you can adjust the argon/co2 flow (watch the red ball in the vertical glass tube).
- Check the power switch on the junction box on the wall. Is it turned on?
- Adjust current/wire speed, corse voltage and fine (start low so you don't fuse the tip shut, if you do.. replace it!)
- Wire not feeding? Check the wire switch is set to "fwd"
- start 1/4-1/2" away from material. (too close and you'll fuse the tip shut)
Things that Need to be Done