Lost and Found / Graveyard
Note from Terry W. I believe the existing rules below are outdated. I will propose an alternative at the June 4, 2013 Members Meeting. My prototype is at Stuff Handling Protocols. Please feel free to leave comments and critiques there.
The Graveyard is located between the shop entrance and the large bay door. The purpose of the Graveyard is to provide a warehouse of items available to salvage by members. Dispose of oldest/most useless items when over full.
- Do not bring items to i3Detroit specifically for the graveyard. Use the Virtual Graveyard on this here wiki if you want to post items for other members to take off your hands.
- Items may be placed in the graveyard by their owners, if the item was already stored at i3 in plots or with Parking Permit, or by any member if the item was in Lost and Found for at least a month
- Items in the graveyard must be dated so that old items can be cleaned out periodically.
- Items must fit on the shelves. If it doesn't fit, you can make room by disposing of other items.
- Keep the Graveyard full. If space is needed for new items, any member may dispose of older items.
- Do not place things you do not own directly into the Graveyard, no matter how offended you are by them, unless they are coming from Lost and Found.
- Any member may take possession of anything from the graveyard at any time. Member must then handle it as private property, including proper storage and permits, if needed.
- If an item is known to work or be broken, label as such
- Items in Special Handling areas of the Graveyard should be disposed of by the approved Special Handling. Items in the general area of the Graveyard will be disposed of by Dumpster. Special Handling areas of the Graveyard are clearly marked.
Lost and Found
Lost and Found is located
on top of the storage cabinet under the cork board at the very front of the shop.
- Unless claimed, the ultimate destination of an item placed in Lost and Found is disposal, either by Dumpster or off-site disposal. Only place items in Lost and Found which are intended for Disposal if unclaimed.
- Only items with expired Parking Tickets may be placed in the Lost and Found. Items with expired Parking Tickets should be placed into Lost and Found by the "Finder" listed on the Parking Ticket.
- Label found items with date and location found.
- Items must remain in Lost and Found for a minimum of one month afterwhich they can be moved to the Graveyard by any member.
- There are two shelves, "even months" and "odd months", referring to the month when item was found
- Any member placing an item in Lost and Found will again try to inform the owner
- Communicate privately if possible
- Post to the list when the owner is unknown
- include "[Placed in Lost and Found]" in the subject line