i3 Detroit - The Metro Detroit Hackerspace
Stuff you should probably bookmark
These are the URLs that many long-term members just rattle off from memory, or already have bookmarked. If you're new, it would probably be good to familiarize yourself with all these things and understand why old-timers use them so often! Bookmark 'em all, you can easily delete 'em later.
- This here wiki! and Your personal "user page" on it (assuming you have an account and are logged in.)
- i3's main page, AKA The Blog. Also, the wordpress login if you're writing posts.
- The CRM (your membership account, dues payments, etc. Please make sure your emergency contact info is current!)
- Google Groups - i3 Detroit
- Google Groups - i3detroit-public
- Google Groups - i3detroit-announce
- our Twitter page or you get more results if you just search for the term.
- the main i3detroit Flickr and the Bluecam stream. More about Bluecam.
- If you're wiki-savvy enough to turn this into another pretty box and nestle it into the empty corner in the above layout, please do so!
- Incomplete List of Active Members
- Member Projects
- Incomplete List of Independent Projects in Progress
- FAQ / New Member Orientation
- Info for new and potential members, including the Glossary
- HOWTO Get a Wiki Account
- Because contributions to the wiki are always good!
- Special Interest Groups
- Special Interest Groups - Members organize to share knowledge and efforts.
- HOWTO Go on Leave
- Because messy breakups suck! Even this can be done right.
Resources and Records
- Officers and Board of Directors
- A list of the current officers and members of the Board.
- Archive of proposals and votes.
- List of committees and their resources
- A list with definitions of all the special terms for life @ i3.
- Material and Tool Sources
- Places to get materials and tools.
- Various reports for the organization.
- The ever-changing list of maintenance and improvement tasks.
- Incomplete list of books owned by members that can be checked out.
- Useful files
- Old versions of Bylaws, Standing Rules, etc.
- i3 Data Vault
- Instructions for accessing i3 documents through BTSync
- HOWTO Park your car
- Rubber side down.
- HOWTO Close up the space
- A checklist to complete if you are the last one out at the end of the night.
- HOWTO Host an event at i3detroit
- Scheduling, publicity, day-of tasks.
- Officer and Director Tutorials
- Information for Officers and Directors in training
Other procedures, including membership processing are on the Procedures and Instructions page.