Difference between revisions of "Meeting Minutes 20101207"

From i3Detroit
Jump to: navigation, search
Line 9: Line 9:
  
 
===Heat:===
 
===Heat:===
  * What direction are we taking and when do we expect for it to be installed?
+
* What direction are we taking and when do we expect for it to be installed?
** We can't install the heaters would be colluding to break the law
+
** We can't install the heaters would be colluding to break the law
** Starting installation tomorrow (Dec 8th 2010) * End: TBD
+
** Starting installation tomorrow (Dec 8th 2010) * End: TBD
** Need help with electrical breakers talk to Eric if interested
+
** Need help with electrical breakers talk to Eric if interested
  
  * Who is taking care of winterizing the space? This is a priority one task
+
* Who is taking care of winterizing the space? This is a priority one task
      ** Vents need to be sealed  
+
** Vents need to be sealed  
      ** Windows need plastic covering.
+
** Windows need plastic covering.
  
 
===Working groups report:===
 
===Working groups report:===
  * 501c3
+
* 501c3
      ** Ed has posted a Google Doc list of questions to ask the CPA or other professionals about 501c3 related  
+
** Ed has posted a Google Doc list of questions to ask the CPA or other professionals about 501c3 related  
      ** Milestones figured out
+
** Milestones figured out
      ** New bylaws are beginning to be drafted
+
** New bylaws are beginning to be drafted
      ** Hopefully record the Q&A session with the CPA
+
** Hopefully record the Q&A session with the CPA
  * PR
+
* PR
      ** went over 13 project * working on getting our notes out to the group
+
** went over 13 project * working on getting our notes out to the group
      ** PR Work list
+
** PR Work list
      *** Media List
+
*** Media List
      *** Editorial Calendar
+
*** Editorial Calendar
      *** Posting Guidelines & Timeline
+
*** Posting Guidelines & Timeline
      *** SEO
+
*** SEO
      *** Ambassador Program
+
*** Ambassador Program
      *** Evergreen Marketing Materials
+
*** Evergreen Marketing Materials
      *** Evergreen Swag
+
*** Evergreen Swag
      *** Logo Strategy
+
*** Logo Strategy
      *** Hackersafe House
+
*** Hackersafe House
      *** Guest Posting & Commenting Strategy
+
*** Guest Posting & Commenting Strategy
      *** Social Strategy
+
*** Social Strategy
      *** Building Interactive Floorplan
+
*** Building Interactive Floorplan
      *** Tour Video
+
*** Tour Video
      *** Major Event Strategy
+
*** Major Event Strategy
  * Web
+
* Web
      ** nothing to report  
+
** nothing to report  
  
 
===PPT Inventory party:===
 
===PPT Inventory party:===
* We have a meeting setup with Jim Krandal to help with our personal property tax
+
* We have a meeting setup with Jim Krandal to help with our personal property tax
* We really need elp with getting everything inventoried * don't worry about member storage
+
* We really need elp with getting everything inventoried * don't worry about member storage
* The meeting will occur on Sunday
+
* The meeting will occur on Sunday
  
 
===DUCF:===
 
===DUCF:===
  * What was awesome ?
+
* What was awesome ?
**6000 attendees, i3 got exposure to ~1k people
+
**6000 attendees, i3 got exposure to ~1k people
**props to Matt for his EL wire setup
+
**props to Matt for his EL wire setup
  * What can be improved upon ?
+
* What can be improved upon ?
**cheaper make and take
+
**cheaper make and take
        **check out the layout beforehand
+
**check out the layout beforehand
**more signage, signs at eye level
+
**more signage, signs at eye level
 
   
 
   
 
===Logo:===
 
===Logo:===
  *  deadline nearing. December 21st (the 3rd Tuesday meeting)
+
*  deadline nearing. December 21st (the 3rd Tuesday meeting)
  
 
===Shop Mess:===
 
===Shop Mess:===
  * Trash run
+
* Trash run
  * Large projects
+
* Large projects
  * Stuff not put away
+
* Stuff not put away
  * Please note the space near the door is a loading and unloading zone only
+
* Please note the space near the door is a loading and unloading zone only
  
 
===Tent/Fort:===
 
===Tent/Fort:===
  * building a cozy hangout area/ potential classroom/media*gaming room off backside of loft
+
* building a cozy hangout area/ potential classroom/media*gaming room off backside of loft
  * walls to be made of suspended patchwork curtains
+
* walls to be made of suspended patchwork curtains
  * possible transparent desk built off top backside of loft
+
* possible transparent desk built off top backside of loft
  * request for materials
+
* request for materials
  * need to work out how to keep it safe  
+
* need to work out how to keep it safe  
  * possible conflicts with computer storage and podcast trailer
+
* possible conflicts with computer storage and podcast trailer
  * '''Eric talk to fire marshal about this'''  
+
* '''Eric talk to fire marshal about this'''  
  
 
===Tri-hackerspace holiday party:===
 
===Tri-hackerspace holiday party:===
  * SE hackerspace holiday party, OCD is kinda on board. Jan 1st or Dec 26th
+
* SE hackerspace holiday party, OCD is kinda on board. Jan 1st or Dec 26th
  * proposed dates
+
* proposed dates
  * Who would be involved/invited
+
* Who would be involved/invited
  * who's hosting
+
* who's hosting
  * snowball launcher contest
+
* snowball launcher contest
  
 
===FIRST update:===
 
===FIRST update:===
  * Orientation this Saturday ( Dec 11, 2010) * Intro the First team to the space and to volunteering members
+
* Orientation this Saturday ( Dec 11, 2010) * Intro the First team to the space and to volunteering members
  
  
 
===New i3 Business:===
 
===New i3 Business:===
* Wood working show Dec 17th * Free booth but we need to man the booth all day all weekend  
+
* Wood working show Dec 17th * Free booth but we need to man the booth all day all weekend  
        * we have 3 tickets
+
* We have 3 tickets
* We have a Working Maker Bot, Class being scheduled  
+
* We have a Working Maker Bot, Class being scheduled  
  
 
[[Category:MeetingMinutes]]
 
[[Category:MeetingMinutes]]

Revision as of 09:39, 8 December 2010

Contents

I3 bi*weekly General Members Meeting

Where: i3Detroit (commons area) When: Dec 6th, 2010 7:30pm

Voting issues:

  No issues have been called for a vote

Agenda:

Heat:

  • What direction are we taking and when do we expect for it to be installed?
    • We can't install the heaters would be colluding to break the law
    • Starting installation tomorrow (Dec 8th 2010) * End: TBD
    • Need help with electrical breakers talk to Eric if interested
  • Who is taking care of winterizing the space? This is a priority one task
    • Vents need to be sealed
    • Windows need plastic covering.

Working groups report:

  • 501c3
    • Ed has posted a Google Doc list of questions to ask the CPA or other professionals about 501c3 related
    • Milestones figured out
    • New bylaws are beginning to be drafted
    • Hopefully record the Q&A session with the CPA
  • PR
    • went over 13 project * working on getting our notes out to the group
    • PR Work list
      • Media List
      • Editorial Calendar
      • Posting Guidelines & Timeline
      • SEO
      • Ambassador Program
      • Evergreen Marketing Materials
      • Evergreen Swag
      • Logo Strategy
      • Hackersafe House
      • Guest Posting & Commenting Strategy
      • Social Strategy
      • Building Interactive Floorplan
      • Tour Video
      • Major Event Strategy
  • Web
    • nothing to report

PPT Inventory party:

  • We have a meeting setup with Jim Krandal to help with our personal property tax
  • We really need elp with getting everything inventoried * don't worry about member storage
  • The meeting will occur on Sunday

DUCF:

  • What was awesome ?
    • 6000 attendees, i3 got exposure to ~1k people
    • props to Matt for his EL wire setup
  • What can be improved upon ?
    • cheaper make and take
    • check out the layout beforehand
    • more signage, signs at eye level

Logo:

  • deadline nearing. December 21st (the 3rd Tuesday meeting)

Shop Mess:

  • Trash run
  • Large projects
  • Stuff not put away
  • Please note the space near the door is a loading and unloading zone only

Tent/Fort:

  • building a cozy hangout area/ potential classroom/media*gaming room off backside of loft
  • walls to be made of suspended patchwork curtains
  • possible transparent desk built off top backside of loft
  • request for materials
  • need to work out how to keep it safe
  • possible conflicts with computer storage and podcast trailer
  • Eric talk to fire marshal about this

Tri-hackerspace holiday party:

  • SE hackerspace holiday party, OCD is kinda on board. Jan 1st or Dec 26th
  • proposed dates
  • Who would be involved/invited
  • who's hosting
  • snowball launcher contest

FIRST update:

  • Orientation this Saturday ( Dec 11, 2010) * Intro the First team to the space and to volunteering members


New i3 Business:

  • Wood working show Dec 17th * Free booth but we need to man the booth all day all weekend
  • We have 3 tickets
  • We have a Working Maker Bot, Class being scheduled