Introduction / Bio
Hi, I'm Brad Tarratt. On Freenode irc, I go by n8vi, which is my amateur radio callsign (and a nod to Bill Joy's classic text editor).
I drop by the shop completely at random, often when noone's around. If I intend to stick around for any reasonable period of time, I'll flick the twitterbot on.
- I think I've got digital electronics down; I'm now making my first foray into analog and RF.
- I like AVRs and am a fan of the arduino bootloader. I am not, however, a fan of the arduino board itself, I like to make projects on my own boards.
- I can write code in C, perl and php amoung others. I wrote the repeater recorder for the useca amateur radio club (which I need to get back running again).
- I'm a ham, as I mentioned, call sign N8VI.
- ptimmins and I have a fully-redundant home network architecture (we live 1200 feet apart, have highly sensitive 802.11 radios, and work for the same ISP).
- I've been using NetBSD for years, but am coming to be quite a fan of debian and ubuntu Linux.
- I seem to have inherited the [Toughbook Wiki].
- The 2-meter window antenna in the e-room DONE
- A 2-meter AVR-controlled double-conversion superhet receiver